The only home insurance that (really) fits your needs

The only home insurance that (really) fits your needs

Simple, customisable, no paperwork and no commitment. Discover the Lovys home insurance that fully meets your needs. Starting at €3.99/month.

Your new home insurance online

Whether you own or rent, home insurance is a must. It serves to protect your property and your home against any damage you may encounter.

Customisable home insurance

At Lovys, it is the insurance that adapts to your needs and not the other way round. Add and change benefits and options to your policy to suit your lifestyle.

Customisable home insurance

Teams at your service

Whether by email, phone or chat: our teams are available to answer your questions (even the craziest ones). And (always) with a smile.

Teams at your service

Inexpensive home insurance

Say goodbye to unnecessary costs and choose to pay only for what is essential: your protection! It's as simple as that.

Inexpensive home insurance

Why take out our home insurance ?

No commitment

Do you want to go somewhere else? We're not holding you back (although it breaks our hearts). Our home insurance is without any commitment.

No unnecessary costs

At Lovys, you only pay for your protection and nothing else. This is why our home insurance is not expensive.

No hassle

Home insurance that makes your life easier? Lovys has created it for you. Everything is done in a few clicks (from subscription to the settlement of your claims).

The best coverage chosen for your inexpensive online home insurance

Water damage

The most notorious accident is covered by Lovys. We take care of restoring your home from floor to ceiling!

Read More

Theft and vandalism

Lovys covers you for the theft of your property and the results of an attempted break-in at your home.

Read More

Protection of your property

Protect everything inside your home. Benefit from a global coverage limit and adapt it according to your valuables with Lovys home insurance.

Read More

Civil liability

You, your relatives (and your declared roommates) are covered in case of damage to third parties. The damage is covered by your Lovys home insurance.

Read More

Storm and Fire

With Lovys home insurance, you are covered in the event of fire or natural disasters, storms, snow, hail or even strong winds causing damage to your home.

Read More

Climatic events

Climatic events such as storms, hail and the weight of snow are not an exception in your insurance contract.

Read More

All this is a gift from Lovys

Cancelling your old contract


Are you already insured? We take care of all the paperwork if you are insured by another insurance company.

When you subscribe, you have the option of asking us to handle the cancellation formalities. We will contact your old insurance company and within 30 days the whole process will be completed and you won’t have to worry about anything else.

Show More

Protecting the people you live with


Lovys also protects your loved ones. Simply add your spouse, children and roommates to the lease.

No injustice, your entire household can be protected. We allow you to have one contract that covers everyone. They will automatically appear on the essential door-opener: your insurance certificate, which is often required for entering or leaving leases, or for school registration, and other formalities.

Show More

Leaving us


Our home insurance is without any commitment. This means that you can cancel or change your contract at any time, always free of charge.

Thanks to the Hamon law, insurers are obliged to release their policyholders after a commitment of one year. At Lovys we have decided to go further and give you the possibility to cancel your contract at any time. That’s the real thing, no strings attached.

Show More

Home insurance: everything you need to know to insure your nest

Looking for the best home insurance to protect your roost? Whether it is compulsory or not, the choice of a good home insurance policy is essential. So, exclusively for you, here’s our ultimate guide to home insurance. From options to guarantees and the insurance terms, you will know everything!

The guide to finally understanding your insurance contract

Is home insurance compulsory?

Whether you are a tenant, owner-occupant or non-occupant owner, comprehensive home insurance is recommended and necessary.

  • If you are a tenant, you are required by law to insure your home for any damage you may cause. It is therefore mandatory.
  • If you are an owner-occupant or non-occupant owner, insurance is essential but not mandatory in order to guarantee your responsibility with regard to your neighbours, your potential tenants and your co-ownership. Please note that if you are a co-owner, insurance is compulsory.

It is important to know that if you are not insured and you are responsible for the damage, you will have to pay for the damage to the victims yourself.

What is a deductible and how do I choose one?

In insurance, the deductible is the amount you have to pay in the event of a claim.

For example, if you have chosen a deductible of €150 and you have a claim for €500. The Lovys insurance will cover the €500 of damage minus the amount of your deductible, i.e. a total of €350 (= 500 – 150).

At Lovys, when you prepare a quote, you adjust the amount of your deductible. Incidentally, the amount of your monthly payment varies according to the deductible you choose! The higher the deductible, the lower your monthly payment.

What is good home insurance?

A good home insurance policy should protect your home (whether occupied or not) against any damage it may suffer: water damage, theft, fire, climatic events, etc. It also covers you in the event that you unintentionally cause damage to others: this is called civil liability.

At Lovys, all our home insurance policies are fully customisable to best suit your needs and your lifestyle.

What is a home insurance certificate?

The home insurance certificate is a document that serves as proof. It is used to prove that your home is covered by home insurance. This document is issued by your insurer when you take out an insurance policy for your home. At Lovys, it is instantly available in your customer area.

Note: If you are a tenant, this document is always requested by the real estate agent or by your landlords. At Lovys, all you have to do is go to your customer area to download it in a few clicks.

How do I cancel my home insurance?

You can cancel your Lovys home insurance contract from your client space in a few clicks. Simply go to your client area by logging in, then go to “My Insurance”, then “My Contract”. Then click on “Cancel the contract”.

A window will then open to remind you that the cancellation takes effect immediately after your confirmation. We therefore recommend that you cancel on the day you move out. Otherwise you run the risk of being left without insurance for an indefinite period.

Once you have clicked on “Cancel the contract”, you will receive an email to confirm the cancellation of your contract.

Once this confirmation has been made, our teams will automatically proceed with the termination of your contract. You do not have to give advance notice. However, any month that has already started is considered payable in full.

As you can see, at Lovys you are free to stay with us or to leave us whenever you want! No hidden buttons, no registered letters or notices to write and send. 😉

Which home insurance should I choose?

In France, there are several types of home insurance. But if you were to choose one, we would recommend that you choose comprehensive home insurance (known in French as “assurance multirisque habitation – MRH“). This is the most comprehensive of all home insurance offers, as it provides you with cover beyond the protection of your real estate and personal property.

With Lovys, simply prepare a quote in a few clicks and choose the guarantees and options that suit you best for your home insurance contract.

Lovys France

Choosing the best insurance for how you live

Whether you live in an apartment or a house and whether you are a homeowner or not, we will guide you in choosing the best insurance for the way you live

Insuring your apartment

Owner or tenant? In both cases you should have home insurance for your apartment. Insuring your apartment will protect it against everyday hazards such as water damage or burglary. At Lovys, the insurance of your apartment is without commitment, and starts at €3.99 per month.

Insuring your house

Insuring your house is essential whether you own or rent. A home insurance policy, such as a comprehensive home insurance (MRH) insurance policy, will allow you to protect your garden, your house and the occupants of your house. Each Lovys home insurance package is perfectly adapted to your needs. Add the options that are useful to you: protection of your swimming pool, your veranda, or your tennis court and even declare your outbuildings. All this from €3.99 per month with no commitment.

Insuring your second home

Are you away from your home for more than 60 days a year? Then it is a good idea to take out a second home insurance policy. This insurance will allow you to protect your property in your absence against theft and vandalism for example. If you are the lucky owner of a swimming pool in your second home, Lovys protects it (whether or not you are there) from €3.99/month.

Lovys France

Home insurance according to your profile

As we know, your insurance needs vary depending on your habits and your lifestyle. This is why, at Lovys, we offer you several kinds of home insurance policies!

Homeowner’s insurance

Homeowners’ insurance allows owners to protect their property against any damage that may occur: fire, flood, burglary. It will also cover the civil liability of the owner and the people you live with. At Lovys, we offer you a tailor-made homeowners insurance policy from €3.99 per month. Personalise your policy by choosing the benefits and options that best suit your needs:

  • Theft and vandalism
  • Fire
  • Natural disasters
  • Replacement of furniture
  • Owner’s civil liability

Tenant’s home insurance

Tenant’s home insurance is compulsory. A certificate of insurance will be requested by your landlord or real estate agency before the keys are handed over. As a tenant, your needs may differ depending on your lifestyle. That’s why at Lovys we offer you tenant’s home insurance from 3,99€ per month, without any commitment. Personalise your contract by choosing the guarantees and options that best suit you:

  • Water damage
  • Fire
  • Theft and vandalism
  • Locksmith assistance
  • Travel option [I’m not sure what this is, can you explain?]

Home insurance for non-occupying owners

Non-occupant homeowner’s insurance gives homeowners peace of mind. This insurance will protect the home you own while you are not occupying it. It will also cover the civil liability of the non-occupying owner. Whether you are the victim of a burglary, a flood or a negligent tenant, Lovys non-occupant homeowner’s insurance is for you! Discover our non-occupant homeowner insurance packages from €3.99 per month. Personalise your policy by choosing the benefits and options that best suit your needs:

  • Theft and vandalism
  • Fire
  • Natural disasters
  • Climatic events
  • Owner’s civil liability

Shared-occupancy home insurance

Shared-occupancy home insurance allows you to insure the home you occupy with your roommates. There are 2 options: either each tenant takes out a separate insurance policy (which is not recommended because it is expensive) or one of the roommates takes out a Lovys insurance policy in his or her name and declares the housemates as co-residents. In this way, your home will be protected and all declared roommates will be covered for civil liability. At Lovys, we offer you a tailor-made home insurance policy that adapts to your needs (whether you live in a house or an apartment), from €3.99 per month. Take advantage of tailor-made guarantees and options adapted to your roommates:

  • Civil liability of co-tenants
  • Theft and vandalism
  • Water damage
  • Natural disasters
  • Locksmith assistance

Family home insurance

In addition to protecting your home, family home insurance is designed to protect the occupants of the home: from parents to children, each member of the family declared to be living in the home will benefit from their own civil liability cover. At Lovys, our family home insurance is without commitment and starts at €3.99 per month. Benefit from guarantees and options fully adapted to your family’s needs:

  • Civil liability
  • School insurance
  • Theft and vandalism
  • Natural catastrophes
  • Glass breakage
Lovys France

The details of Lovys home insurance

How do I calculate the number of rooms and the surface area of my home?

In order to properly protect your home, it is essential to declare the correct number of rooms. These are all the “rooms where living takes place“, such as your living room or bedroom for example.

Your kitchen, bathroom, entrance, corridors, dressing room, laundry rooms, cellars, storerooms, sanitary facilities, boiler room, attic, etc., are all rooms that are already taken into account by Lovys, so there is no need to count them.

Note that:

If you have an open kitchen, its area will be counted as part of the living area in which it is located.

  • If you have a room with a surface area of more than 50 m², it counts as two rooms.
  • The maximum insurable area is 200m² for a house and 250m² for an apartment.

Is civil liability included in my home insurance?

Civil liability is a guarantee that covers the damage you may cause to others.

Our home insurance policy includes civil liability. We therefore guarantee compensation for damage for which you are responsible, except in situations excluded in the general conditions.

For example, you take out our home insurance policy and a few months later you break your best friend’s computer, don’t panic! Thanks to the civil liability included in your home insurance policy, we will cover the damage caused to your friend (in this case the cost of repairing or replacing her computer). You will only have to pay the deductible.

What payment methods are accepted?

There’s not much to say, but it’s easy! There are two possibilities for paying your Lovys premiums (except for the first monthly instalment):

  • Bank card, simple and effective. Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, CB. Please note that if it is lost, stolen or expired, you will have to update it in your client area.
  • Direct debits using the RIB / SEPA system: we make direct debits directly from your bank account, note that bank processing times are slightly longer when using this method of payment.

How can I have a price simulation?

To get a price simulation, nothing could be easier! Simply click on “Free quote” and fill in the details you are asked for. You will then obtain your price simulation in a few clicks.

How do I add a payment method?

Have you lost your bank card and blocked it or changed your bank account? Here’s how to add or change a payment method:

Remember, when you subscribe, we ask you to make your first payment by bank card. Once you have paid by card, the amount of your first premium will be debited from your account.

You can then change the payment method to a direct debit by RIB or SEPA mandate if you wish, in just a few steps directly from your profile in your Lovys client area:

  • Log in to your client area
  • Go to the “My profile” section
  • Then select “Payment methods” to update your payment method. If you have already entered a payment method, it will be displayed on this same page. You will then be able to choose your preferred default payment method and change it as you wish. You can also delete a payment method, if you no longer need it for example.

What is the duration of my Lovys insurance contract?

Your contract is for a legal period of one year, renewed each year. This annual period guarantees a fixed price if your situation does not change.

But because we are the first insurance company that resembles you, we allow you to terminate your contract at any time very easily from your client area.

I can’t find my postal address when I subscribe, what can I do?

If you can’t find your address when you make a quote, don’t panic:

  • This may be a problem with the format, so please make sure you follow the template below: Number, street name, postcode and city. For example: 2 rue Victor Hugo, 62002 Lyon.
  • The numbers with “BIS” and “TER” have to be written in this way: 2B, 5T.

If your address is still not recognised, click on the “Type your address manually” button, enter your address in the field provided and click on “Continue”.

If your address is still not recognised, contact us at

How does double insurance work?

Combining insurance is not prohibited! However, it is illegal to activate both your insurances for the same claim. If you receive compensation more than one time for a single claim, this will be considered to be fraud.